There are few things that I love more than a good modern house, but slow roasted pig may be one of those things. The Slow Food movement is close to my heart (my parents make cheese) and I've always loved their events. So when there is a pig roast, you better believe I'll be there.
Thursday, September 19, 6:00 pm - 9:00 pmLocation: Barr Mansion, 10463 Sprinkle Rd – Austin, TX 78754
Tickets: Purchase Tickets Online
- The dinner will be held at the beautiful Barr Mansion and Artisanal Ballroom
- Jesse Griffiths of Dai Due Butcher Shop will be slow-cooking a whole Richardson Farms‘ pig over an open flame
- Johnson’s Backyard Garden will be providing the veggies
- Real Ale will be providing their amazing craft beer
- Deep Eddy Vodka will be providing spirits for the evening
- Greenling will be providing red and white wine options to enjoy
- Vegetarian options will be available
- Local food entrepreneurs will be in attendance to tell you about their companies
The event is going to be a fun evening of mixing, mingling and getting to know the people who are key to creating and supporting our local food system. Come meet the hard working small business owners that are changing our food scene for the better, the community members that are supporting them by dining at their restaurants or buying their goods at the markets and local grocery stores and the everyday people that are investing their 1% to help ensure that these businesses have the capital they need to thrive.